Friday, March 10, 2006




Milan'06- Syntel Anuual Day Fashion Show!!

Milan'06....A dream....A challenge.....But at last...A job well Done..

It was the Annual Day Co-ordinators meeting...I could see everyone around me coming up with their choice of events they wanted 2 organise...Me n Sanjay came up with this idea....Organising the Fashion Show...The HR Team(George,Senthil n Vidya) were i guess shocked when they heard that are some guys who are ready to take this challenge..Senthil had that smile on his face, he knew our main intention was just wat we say'TO EXPAND OUR HORIZON'....Was that our intention....I guess it was...unless matters got serious ...or should i say ,matters got worse from bad...

HR wanted the theme to be something associated with ETHNIC REMIX,the theme for the Annual Day...Everyday we used to go to them with a new theme but they were not in a mood to accept....
One fine moment, the theme of INDIAN WEDDING stuck us and i took it 2 George n Senthil, n Wallah werent they happy...
Now that the theme was finalised,the execution was the real challenge....

I asked Asha to be one more Co-ordinator for the event, she dint agree at first go but later she had to give in...Ashok ,The guy without whose support this fashion show wud never have been as awesome as it was....too joined us....
So together we started the search for our models,or say the couples for the wedding....And God It was a nightmare....

We hardly got any entries....10 days to go n nothing looks good...We request almost evry good looking( Based on Public Demand????)guys n Gals....
Atlast got 20 strong models at first go...Some looked awesome on the ramp....I remember the way ANIL(John) walked on the first day....
We started practice without any Music n no Pairing done which in the end was a blessing in Disguise as many models backed out...

Each day i had to bear the shock of a Guy or a Gal backin out.....Some had personal reasons...crap.....It was so irritating.....
The Dholi walas(Kiran n Prakash) came into the team a day before the event, The Pundit(Arun) came a day before the event...Such was the state....
I have to thank Sujay n Ben who worked so hard to comeup with the music which was just awesome....
Getting the Costumes was the worse part.....the experience which i would never ever forget in my entire life....I lost my cool many times mayb bec of the frustration i had....The Bengali Costume was just too hard to find anywhere in Chennai......I still remember remember most of my team mates askin me to go n take rest........Ok
Now the D-DAY.....We were supposed to start practicing at around 8 in the morning.....As usual noone reached on time.....we hardly practiced for a while and went to the auditorium......
I got a call from Senthil askin us to have our fashion show ahead of the supoosed schedule....I could not agree....the make up was hardly done.....
The hype given before the event was just too much....the expectations were high ..The crowd comeon to the stage in almost all stage events...The tensions were high.....
The fashiuon show starts.....The crowd is quite......The lights are dim....The focus on the Stage n the event went off so well that I hardly have any words to describe....Maybe the celebration we had after the event shows how special it was to everyone of US....
Bharat Deasi(Syntel Founder), Keshav, Shreekanth n Most imporatant the HR team who supported me always, were all please with the whole event...

Me , Asha n Ashok were standing near the stage wen George comes to us...Gives us a pat on the back n Says " U made my day guys.....U made my day....It was awesome".....

Am I happy....Yes I am happy and I have to thank the whole MILAN'06 Team who worked so hard to make OUR event a Grand Success






1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well dat fashion show was a gr8 experience....One of d most memorable things after i came to Syntel Chennai...

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home